HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the eXiLe Xonotic Minsta clan

Share | 

eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
feonica

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 am

Akari wrote:
feonica wrote:

I would if someone said it came directly from you as you are the "dev"

Nobody ever comes directly from me. When I want to say things, I say them by myself.

That isn't my fault if someone wants to tell me they have your word on something.

Quote :

I'm not okay with it, many other professional people wont be either, it isn't my duty to find someone to make maps to make your mode work correctly, that is your job to make sure it is seen in a positive light by all.

I am not making a game for you. I am making a framework for you to build your own game on, and what I know for sure is that maps are completely unrelated to what I'm working on. Nexuiz is like that, too, and you're not playing on standard Nexuiz settings and maps either. What is the problem with playing RM on not standard settings and maps then? And I'm sure you never asked Nexuiz developers to pick a perfect maplist for the exile CTF server, that would be just nonsense. As much of nonsense as asking me to make/pick maps for you.

Actually, I did do that, and they gave me a map pack suitable for CTF.

Quote :

For not setting out a list of appropriate maps which would play and handle like freeze tag on other games.

See above, this is not what I'm supposed to do to begin with.

No but it is what you should do to allow it to be seen positively. Supposed to do and doing the right things are completely different.

Why don't we just agree that we wont ever agree and just quit posting? I'm not going to agree, because quite honestly I think I'm right no matter who wants to tell me otherwise, same goes for you it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Feonicagamergrrrl
feonica

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 am

asyyy wrote:
Guys I'm the server admin and I'm responsible for the mappool and the ft settings. I thought that the clanwar vs the nude dudes would be a nice way to test the server and learn more about the mod. If I knew before that everyone is so serious about that clanwar I would have put more time into preparing the whole thing. You can blame me for bad mappool, settings and chaos (non private server). If we can build a decent FT squad the next clanwar will be completely different.

I take every match seriously, even in public games.

Just hope the other guys sign up with you to do that.

You actually can't do anything with the map pool, there are only 3 capable maps for FT as it stands.

Campgrounds - if it's fixed
Strength
and
Peace6? I think it's 6 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Akari

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 am

feonica wrote:

Who? The developer(s) who implemented the CTF gametype themselves? I highly doubt that. Mappers could have done that, or some sort of a community manager, or whoever was making a compilation of maps. But RM does not have these kinds of people working on it, and was never meant to. Learn what the project is before complaining about it not handling something it's not even meant to handle and never was.

Quote :
I think I'm right

It's quite irrational to assume you're right if you don't even know what are you talking about.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
feonica

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 am

Akari wrote:
feonica wrote:

Who? The developer(s) who implemented the CTF gametype themselves? I highly doubt that. Mappers could have done that, or some sort of a community manager, or whoever was making a compilation of maps. But RM does not have these kinds of people working on it, and was never meant to. Learn what the project is before complaining about it not handling something it's not even meant to handle and never was.

Quote :
I think I'm right

It's quite irrational to assume you're right if you don't even know what are you talking about.

Bottom line is, you cannot be right, if someone else is already correct. It's sad that I know more about your little port than you do.

That is all I am saying, You can continue to troll for the sake of trolling, Just gonna go over my head now, I'm bored of feeding your ego which is entirely based on bullshit.

Post, fill blank spaces with no responses Smile I dare you! Wink
Back to top Go down
Akari

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 am

feonica wrote:

I know more about your little port than you do.

Haha. You seem to know as much about my little port as you do about timezones. Maybe you'll understand it this way: since freezetag in RM is just a little port, having the developer (or the one who ported it) to provide specific maps for it is out of a little port's scale.

feonica wrote:
Post, fill blank spaces with no responses Smile I dare you! Wink
Keep taking every statement you disagree with as trolling. I dare you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n00b

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nesquick

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:53 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 pm

I tried Freezetag a few days ago for the first time. I like it. Very Happy

However, I agree with Feo that it needs proper maps. "Egg'n'Bacon" or the like are certainly not appropriate, since they make unthawing completely impossible. On the other hand: the idea is that one has to take a certain risk to unthaw his / her teammate. I haven't played Freezetag too often yet, but to me it was *a lot* of fun on most maps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
feonica

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:55 am

[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD wrote:
I tried Freezetag a few days ago for the first time. I like it. Very Happy

However, I agree with Feo that it needs proper maps. "Egg'n'Bacon" or the like are certainly not appropriate, since they make unthawing completely impossible. On the other hand: the idea is that one has to take a certain risk to unthaw his / her teammate. I haven't played Freezetag too often yet, but to me it was *a lot* of fun on most maps.

Thawing isn't even a risk on some maps, it's a deathtrap. But yeah, I'll work on finding decent maps. It kinda seems as if they have to be CTF maps with team spawns or extremely large maps with random spawns.
Back to top Go down
[Ex-Sophie] WYNBAD

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:02 pm

One interesting tactic that I saw was that frozen enemies are pulled into certain zones to keep them from unthawing during time and / or out of the reach of their enemies. This tactic works better on some maps than on others.

Anyway, FT does not work on all maps, no doubt, but it has potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nesquick

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Dammit, I can't help myself. Will have to jump in here.

I strongly dislike how you people talk about good and bad maps... Not everyone likes the same things. -.- .

I for one is one of those players who prefer more open maps in most gamemodes. I seriously like Concrete_space and Lostspace2 to play FT on. That said, it needs to be balanced up with some more closed maps like perhaps dusty and mikectf3.

I think most players prefer one type or the other, but to have a war with just closed maps or with just open maps isn't something that's really appealing, to me at least. That's why I try to go 50/50 when selecting maps for funwars.

That said, this is only my personal opinion. You may be right that there is maps better suited in some ways for FT than others, but the point I want to make is that not everyone likes the same things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
feonica

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Nesquick wrote:
Dammit, I can't help myself. Will have to jump in here.

I strongly dislike how you people talk about good and bad maps... Not everyone likes the same things. -.- .

I for one is one of those players who prefer more open maps in most gamemodes. I seriously like Concrete_space and Lostspace2 to play FT on. That said, it needs to be balanced up with some more closed maps like perhaps dusty and mikectf3.

I think most players prefer one type or the other, but to have a war with just closed maps or with just open maps isn't something that's really appealing, to me at least. That's why I try to go 50/50 when selecting maps for funwars.

That said, this is only my personal opinion. You may be right that there is maps better suited in some ways for FT than others, but the point I want to make is that not everyone likes the same things.

I'm not really looking at only closed maps. I'm looking at open and closed maps.

So far I've discovered the cpm maps are fantastic, but some are not based on ctf and have random spawns, campgrounds is fantastic but needs fixing (spawn stuck in walls and stuff)

Lostspace works well along with a few other open maps.

What I'm actually looking for though are maps either where you can't frag someone within 5 seconds or you have an option to evade being fragged within 5 seconds, they also should have team spawns.

So feel free to post maps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!    

Back to top Go down

eXiLes! I CHALLENGE THEE, FOUL CREATURES!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2